Tuesday 4 November 2014

November 3rd - 4th

I arrived last night at the Singing Hills campground in Cave City, Kentucky. I stayed here in 2012 and remember it well - I went to church with the owners, Beth and Elton, and left one of my quilted fish, along with a paper with Liz's synopsis of Glebe St. James' history and a piece of original music by Frances McPhail. Beth recognized my face and we had a great chat today, just before I went to the Bathhouse to have a shower. Lovely woman - also a teacher - has taught both elementary and secondary, although she prefers the little guys.  This is a very unprepossessing campground - lovely setting, small, sites close together, but lots of trees and a pond with a fountain. I was booked in only for last night, but I extended my stay for a day to give myself time to catch up with my blog - and, as a bonus, I finally sewed the pocket of my quilt bag and filled it with quilting stuff! Did some reading outside on the picnic table - barely need a sweater now - then had a nice, leisurely shower and will go to bed early.  I'm booked tomorrow at the Two Rivers Campground in Nashville, Tennessee.




Singing Hills campground

Pond in the campground


My rv - pretty sparse - not many neighbours!


No comments:

Post a Comment