Tuesday 16 January 2018

January 14-16, 2017

Sunday - my first time singing in the Comox choir - went quite well - nowhere near Robert's standards, of course, but okay.  It'll take a while to adjust.  I drove my rig to church and parked in an excellent, long spot at the end of the parking lot, next to a fence.  Excellent until I wanted to leave - had to wait around for about 20 minutes for other people to leave, and still had to manoeuvre my way out. Next time, I'll park on the street!  Very, very powerful sermon delivered by a lay minister - paralleling the story of Samuel as a boy being called by God, with her own acceptance (after struggles) of her identification as a lesbian! Extremely personal, really honest, amazing talk! Think I'll stick with this church!
Monday, Bev picked me up and drove me to the knitting group, where I worked on my crocheted blanket and heard news and gossip - will take me awhile to get to know everybody's names and history!
Tuesday, Adrian picked me up and drove me to the North Island Choral Society rehearsal - I said that I would like to check it out for one evening before deciding to pay my $50 and join.  It was fun - about 70 people in this group - about the same as the Galveston College Community Chorale.  Some good solid voices in this choir - really for people with some choral experience and a desire to sing  I'm in the soprano section, which is a bit sparse -  not really in numbers, but in volume.  We're doing some Gounod, Debussy, Rachmaninoff, and Couperin.  Not a bad repertoire - as long as I can park my rig in the parking lot, I'll be back next week! Adrian said she would drive me to choir on Thursday, which is awesome - means I don't have to pack up and unhook until Sunday!
The sun actually came out for about an hour today. By the time I got it together to go outside, I had missed it - so went to the beach under clouds and made it back to my rig five minutes before the rain started again!
I'm missing Ottawa and my friends there - don't usually feel this way when I'm parked in a new place.  I think it's a combination of the fact that I flew here instead of driving my rv, and the bleakness of the weather and the rv park.  Wish I had my car so that getting involved in activities wasn't a problem.  Have to decide how many times in a week I'm willing to drive my rig into town and find parking!

Comox United Church




My work in progress




Cape Lazo RV Park- my rig is back centre

No comments:

Post a Comment