Saturday 13 January 2018

September 30th - October 1st

S.T.C.I. Reunion! Saturday evening in Ajax - just a stone's throw from St. Thomas.  I stayed with Jim and MaryLee and tried to get Jim to come, but he's stubborn!  I drove to Port Stanley and had lunch on the beach where I went as a kid, on a few occasions.  Pretty much a flash to the past.
The reunion took place in a church basement, lovely decorations and memorabilia from 1967 and earlier.  It was crazy to see all those people after all those years!  We've all changed, of course, but you can see the high school student in each face, too! Thank goodness we all had nametags, though!
The next day, Sunday, Jim and I went to St. Martin in the Fields church, where my father was the rector and I went to public school.  After the service, they gave me a bouquet of flowers - and I chatted with David Martin!! He and his wife loved my father dearly and even drove to St. Thomas for church when we moved there.










































No comments:

Post a Comment