Saturday 13 January 2018

September 22nd - 23rd, 2017

The Patchwork Pilgrimmage!  Annual quilting retreat in Gracefield, Quebec. After loading a ton of Judy's stuff into the back of my car, I picked up Irene and drove off to Gracefield.  As usual, we stopped at the restaurant in town with the imitation castle features - great food, funny décor, good conversation - always a good opportunity to reconnect with Irene.
The weekend was awesome, as usual - and very warm weather, so lots of swimming opportunities, too!  I did the project - an apron - although I cheated a bit this time - traded a completed block for a lesson in Tunisian crochet, which I learned in Anchorage. Show and Tell time on Saturday evening is always mind-blowing - such creativity amongst these women!  What a privilege it is to be here and to be part of this experience!  For some reason, participating in this weekend makes me feel part of the GSJ congregation - moreso than I have ever felt before!  I guess that usually, my role in a church is to be a voice - not a personality - and that's not the focus here.  The thirty or forty baby quilts made this weekend will be presented to the new director of St. Mary's Home in church in the next month or so.























Detail from Chris' long-arm quilting class!



No comments:

Post a Comment