Saturday 13 January 2018

January 4th to 13th, 2017


January 4th - Judy got up and drove me to the airport for 5:00 a.m.!  Crazy - should have booked a later flight - guess I didn't consider that one is supposed to get to the airport two hours before the plane takes off! Pretty uneventful flight to Vancouver, then a 1 1/2 hour wait as the flight to Comox was delayed three times! Jesse and Millie picked me up at the Comox airport and took me to their house in Cumberland, where I unpacked and checked out my rig!! Adrienne cooked an awesome dinner and I slept in my rig in their driveway that night, then got up the next morning and drove off to Comox.  I stopped to fill up with propane, then found my site in the Cape Lazo RV Park - #10. There was no one in the office, but a plastic bag on the post at my site giving me all the important info - like the wifi password!! I got all hooked up and watched some Netflix before making dinner and going to bed.  Friday I walked to the beach, Saturday rented a car from Enterprise and drove around a bit.  Sunday was church - nice little united church about 10 minutes away - I won't be able to walk there - in fact, this park is nestled in the bush, so nothing is within walking distance except the beach.  Sunday night I took Jesse, Adrienne, and Millie out to dinner - what an awesome family they are! Monday I went to the Knitting Group at the church and met some ladies, who seem quite nice.  Tuesday and Wednesday I drove around a bit more, got some groceries, found the local yarn shop; Thursday I went to choir practice - small choir - 15 present out of 23.  I told the director that I would be happy to sing whatever part he would like me to - so I'm in the alto section currently, although he considered tenor for me.  We'll see . . .  Robert phoned to check in with me, before choir practice - must be really weird for him to be home on a Thursday evening - and Susan was at choir practice.  Friday I started updating this blog - finally have my laptop, so I can input info and photos.  Couldn't do that with my iPad. So here it is Saturday already and I'm actually caught up to today's date.  It's so dreary outside - hasn't really stopped raining since I gor here.  Oh well, better than snow, I guess.

































No comments:

Post a Comment