Thursday 25 January 2018

January 25th, 2018

Had a good conversation with Rob this morning - he phoned at 8:00 a.m., not realizing the time difference - he and Helen are in Houston, where it's three hours later.  Rob's mom is traveling with them until June, and then they'll be coming to Canada to truck around Ontario with me for awhile!  Looking forward to that!
Monday night, Cheryl phoned me at 3:00 a.m. to tell me that there was a tsunami warning out for the whole coast of BC and Vancouver Island.  After a lot of searching online, I found a local site which said that Comox was in no danger - and later on, the tsunami warning was canceled altogether - not before the people of Tofino evacuated their homes, though.  This was all caused by a 7.9 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Alaska. In the end, I don't think there was any damage anywhere, although a lot of communities got a real scare.  Here, there was the usual strong winds and rain - but what else is new?
Tuesday evening, Adrian picked me up for NICS (North Island Choral Society) - she says she can manage picking me up every Tuesday, since it's just once a week!
Wednesday, I put out my rope lights - the only lights in the park, really - so that people who pick me up in the evening can actually see my site! Finally went for a walk to the ocean, too, as it was actually sunny for the morning.
Tonight is church choir - Barb is picking me up for that.  I'm hoping that she will want to go grocery shopping sometime this week - I'm committed to bringing soup to church on Sunday.

My latest basket - need it for the yarn I accumulated in Ottawa.


Typical view from my window.


The ocean, the morning after the tsunami warning.







The latest project:  a blanket for Millie - maybe a kitty in the middle . . . 

The new basket, in the context of other yarn baskets!


Two of my stained glass scarves, made in the fall








No comments:

Post a Comment