Saturday 20 January 2018

January 17 - 20, 2018

What a week - rain, rain, rain and gloom, gloom, gloom!!! The North Island Choral Society seems like it'll be fun:  we're singing some Gounod, Arcadelt, Couperin, Debussy and Rachmaninoff for the April concert.  I'm in the soprano section, since they are a bit shy of strong soprano voices (that's unusual!) and am fine except for some sustained Gs and As -and the occasional B above the staff - ouch!!! I was a little apprehensive about driving my rig here and then backing into my site - but I think I'll just bite the bullet and do it!
Thursday was church choir practice - a bit disappointing - the director (Paul) says for the hymns that we are welcome to sing harmony if we'd like to . . .  and the anthem is a pretty straightforward piece by Don Besig. I'm singing alto here, since that's where the need is greatest.
Today is Saturday and I'm catching up on this blog as I wait for Barb to pick me up to take me grocery shopping - how awesome is that?  I was procrastinating - knowing that I had to get groceries today, but putting off the inside cleanup necessary for moving my rig. Barb says she'll drive me to church on Sundays and choir practice on Thursdays, too!!  Bev is driving me to knitting group on Monday, so that just leaves the Tuesday rehearsal to drive my rig into town - actually, to Courtney.  Once a week I can definitely handle!  Nice people here - but then again, there are nice people everywhere!!






No comments:

Post a Comment