Wednesday 10 January 2018

September 2 - 3, 2017

 Arrived at the ferry Friday - my reservation was for Sunday morning - nowhere to stay for the night, so I ended up getting on the ferry that evening - which meant that it was dark for most of the crossing.  Bummer!  Once on the island, I had to find a place to stay for Saturday night - luckily found a truck stop between Nanaimo and Courtney.  Woke up Sunday morning and drove on to Courtney, where I went to a lovely little United Church, then on to the rv park where I had a reservation for that night.  Monday morning, I drove to Jesse and Adrienne's house and parked in their driveway.  What an awesome family!  Five year old Millie is a living doll - and what wonderful parents!  They had me to dinner and I slept in their driveway, then got up early Tuesday morning and Adrienne drove me to the bus stop in Courtney, where I got the bus for Victoria.  Very uninteresting stay in a hotel that night, then got up for the 5 a.m. shuttle to the airport for my flight to Ottawa, where Judi picked me up.  Back in the big O!

How about this: I'm sitting in line for the BC ferry, right behind an rv from Didsbury, Alberta - home of Anna's parents!!











No comments:

Post a Comment