Wednesday 16 April 2014

April 13, 2014

I rented a car for the weekend, so that I could go grocery shopping for last minute things, easily attend the rehearsal with instruments at Moody, for the Dubois Seven Last Words of Christ - and go to church on Sunday. Some last Galveston pics to carry with me as I travel:

Before leaving for Seattle a few weeks ago, Luanne and I drove around the historical district of Galveston, snapping shots of interesting houses.  I know I should have something profoundly intelligent to say about the history, architecture, time period, etc. of these houses, but  - well - I don't.  They're just cool . . . 






These people obviously live in a Mardi Gras time warp.



So on Saturday, I went to my choir rehearsal in the morning, then had a pedicure (luxury), then talked on the phone with Bobby, Julia, Cheryl - and skyped with Sherry, Gabby, and Oved - and also Gregory and Anna.  What a birthday!  This was an absolutely awesome day! On Sunday, my choir sang our hearts out - it was very well received - and Tracy sent me a farewell email which was echoed by many choir members - a real send-off!  I drove to the beach for a goodbye to the ocean, had dinner at Nate's restaurant just down the street from the park, did last minute grocery shopping, packed the grill and lawn chairs into the basement, cleaned out the black tank, and filled the rv up with gas.  I think I'm ready to go - just need to unhook and tie down the chair and secure the stuff on top of the desk tomorrow morning.  I tried to see Dora to say goodbye, but couldn't find her.  May try to see her before I go in the morning.

Feet in the ocean - gotta have one shot!

Ripples of sand just under the surface

The rental car

One last view from the ocean side

Pedicure!

The adult pool

View of the pool from the top floor of the building

No comments:

Post a Comment