Thursday 17 April 2014

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kind of crappy day - I got up tired, unhooked, and took off - GPS working fine!  The landscape for the first hour or so was cool - very hilly - rough on the fuel consumption, though.  Then it just got the same, over and over again - and my thoughts were depressing, too - don't ask . . .  I ran out of windshield washer fluid and stopped to get some about an hour out of Williams - noticed that one of my tires was a bit down, so I thought I'd better check it when I got to my site.  Well, by the time I was all hooked up in the Grand Canyon Railway RV Park, the tire was flat.  Don't know if I'd been driving on it like that or not.  I phoned Good Sam Roadside Assistance (again - they also saved my bacon in Georgia last year and the 401 near Toronto last summer). They're sending someone to put on the spare - should be here in about ten minutes.  This means that I'll be driving on the secondhand spare, instead of the brand new tires put on in October.  The next chance I'll have to either repair this one or buy another new one will probably be in Alberta.  The next week I'm planning to spend exploring national parks and rough country where tires will be really necessary!  Gotta go - the guy is here - more later!

2 comments:

  1. Did you go through Winslow?? Did you stand on a corner?? I admire your Chutzpah Joyce :-)
    Micheline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn - didn't know anything about the standing on the corner thing! If I had, I would have driven into town!

      Delete