Monday 7 April 2014

February 27, 2014

Today I went to T-Bone Tommy's restaurant in Kema, with Susan and Joan.  They've been telling me about this bbq place for a long time, and they didn't exaggerate!  All the decor is western and very cowboyish - and the food is awesome! Definitely worth the hour or so drive.



I forgot to blog about Valentine's Day - so I'll reflect on it  now!  Rob and I practised a bunch of songs on our guitars for about six weeks - Rob is literally just starting to play guitar, so this is quite a feat for him.  We mc'd the program again, just before the Valentine's Day dinner, and sang a couple of Everley Brothers songs, some Elvis Presley, and "I Wanna Grow Old with You" from The Wedding Singer.  Susan played a number of pieces on her trumpet - awesome as usual (Susan was for 40 years the only woman in history to hold the position of principal trumpet with the St. Louis Orchestra, so anytime she plays the trumpet, people sit up and listen!) and everything was very well received.  We all had a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment