Friday 18 April 2014

Friday, April 18th, 2014

Just to finish off the bad news:  Randy (called from a nearby town by Good Sam) told me that my tire was flat because of the extension (a rubber tube linking the valve from the inside tire to the outside, so that I can check the tire pressure on both tires easily) - it had broken and was, in fact, shredded, thus leaking air out of the tire.  Theoretically, this should have meant that the tire itself was fine - however, I had driven so long on that tire in its flat condition that it was completely toast. He also noticed that the inside tire on the other side was also flat - same problem - and when he tried to inflate it, it blew!  Like, hold-your-ears-and-holler-"holy-shit" loud.  Glad it happened then and not when I was on the road somewhere . . .  So - two brand new tires to buy to replace tires that were brand new last October in Ottawa!  $500 later - ouch. To top off the day, I couldn't get internet access on my laptop or iPad - the tech support guy told me that mine was the only site affected.  In general, quite a bad day!  And the wonderful pool and spa in the hotel were full of little kids . . .
That, however, was last night and this is today!  I started off quite anxiously - there's a third extension - what if it shreds - but everything went really well!  I had an early start, so decided to stop off at the Hoover Dam, which was right on the way to Vegas, rather than book an expensive tour from the campsite.  Impressive, to say the least!  I'm so glad I went!
The Duck Creek RV Park seems very good - I'll be checking out their pool and hot tub soon . . .
Windy road up the mountainside to get there - but worth it!



The Hoover Dam!!


That's my rv - right there at the Hoover Dam!!

. . .  and me - I was there!

Cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment