Monday 21 April 2014

Monday, April 21st, 2014

Yesterday was a blip - I tried to find a church within walking or bussing distance of my rv park, but finally gave up and watched a traditional service online. I could have walked to a pretty "modern" sounding charismatic (desperately trying not say "wacko") worship centre, but that is so not my thing . . . I went to the office and bought a chocolate bar, just to satisfy the bunny part of Easter, and spent a few hours in the evening at the pool and spa. Weird sort of Easter . . .
This morning, I checked the weather and there's a "spring storm"coming in with a wind warning extending into Wednesday, right along the road I'll be taking to Zion National Park. I booked another night here and will decide tomorrow whether or not to stay until Wednesday. The warning cautions drivers of "high profile vehicles" to stay off the roads if possible. That's me - high profile;) so today I did laundry and caught a lot of rays by the pool.
You know it's hot when you turn on the cold water and it's warm - and warmer - and hot - and hotter - and then warm - and cool - sort of approaching cold finally!  I broke down and turned on the air conditioner in my rv - it's currently 93F (that's 34C for all my Canadian friends and family) and my rv is already rocking with the wind.  It's interesting to see how different RV parks structure their space. Duck Creek is basically a huge parking lot with a few trees and bushes scattered here and there on the medians between rows - but the office, laundry, restroom, swimming pool and spa areas are beautifully landscaped with green space. I guess most people who come here just park their rvs and spent all their time in the city.

Just by the office

Cactus in bloom!

Not up to Sue-Jane's standards, but pretty nonetheless

Across from the office

The office building

Golf cart - most RV parks have these for staff to use around the parks

More cacti outside the office

Pink propane truck!

Walkway to the office

Pool and hot tub - yay!

My RV and my neighbour - this is really how close together the sites are.

See - parking lot!

Wide streets, though


1 comment:

  1. The flowers are just great. Trust me! Have you managed to get away?

    ReplyDelete