Wednesday 30 April 2014

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014

Yesterday I just stayed in the campsite in Idaho Falls and did laundry, showered, organized stuff - since Yellowstone is buried under snow, I basically took the day off!
Today, I started out of the campsite, prepared to take I-15 to Great Falls, Montana - but my GPS lady wanted me to go via Hwy 20 - so I threw caution to the winds (okay, I guess caution has never really been one of my priorities . . . ) and went the way less traveled - and windier!  I drove through mountains for most of the time - all six hours of it. The Tetons are magnificent - although I had no burning desire to stop anywhere - lots of snow on the ground, although none near the road - and the temperature was okay - in the high 30's somewhere (fahrenheit, of course!).  Some of the roads were fairly narrow, with overhanging rock -  made me wonder just how much the people who made those roads thought about height.  Sure, cars would have no trouble driving close to the side of the road, but how about taller vehicles?  The rock cliffs do bulge towards the road in many places.  Luckily, there was very little traffic, so no need to hug the cliff side of the road . . .

Still in Idaho

Just zipping past the snow . . .

The Tetons

Into Montana

The road ahead . . . 

Scene from a gas station



Same gas station - just about to get onto the I-15 north, after the scenic route from Idaho Falls





 I'm now happily ensconced in Dick's RV Park in Great Falls, Montana.  Great wifi here - took very little time to upload these pictures - unlike other spots, where it has taken literally hours!  Tomorrow it's off to Cut Bank to see Ron's giant penguin (more about that later . . .)


1 comment:

  1. So..... you will be back in God's Land as of Friday?
    The area looks rocky...no pun intended. The weather seem nice though.
    Can't wait to here about your adventures once you get back.

    ReplyDelete