Wednesday 16 April 2014

April 15th

I didn't even look for Dora this morning - couldn't face her - it's very difficult to leave this year - I've really put down some roots in this beautiful place.
I left about 9:00 a.m. - supposed to take 6 1/2 hours to get to Wichita Falls.  However, I stopped for gas just before Waco, and my GPS lady went wacko. I know, bad pun. She tried to get me onto country roads heading in the wrong direction - so I had to pull over and actually consult a map! Then she kept telling me to "Proceed to the highlighted route" which was where I was anyway. I lost almost an hour with her shenanigans and finally ignored her in the hopes that she would eventually correct herself.
Thanks to accidents in the middle lane and fast lane (at distant intervals) and also rush hour, it took me two solid hours to get past Fort Worth. I finally pulled into the Walmart in Wichita Falls at 7:30 p.m. - 10 1/2 hours after leaving!  I took some shots of the environs, just for the heck of it.

Nighttime in Wichita Falls Walmart parking lot - has a certain ambience, don't you think?

Anxd . . . daytime there

Gotta get the sign in.  The vehicles? Random.

No comments:

Post a Comment